Colorado Road Trip!
Feb 6-17, 2013
We went on a road trip to Colorado to go to Todd's Grandmother's 100th Birthday
Party :) So the baby got to meet his Great-Grandma!
It was a rough trip in some respects... because the baby cut his first tooth and also
starting day 3 of the trip he started to have a stuffy nose with coughing - and the
worse was the coughing would sometimes lead to him throwing up Then I started
getting it on day 4 But we took it easy, stayed in hotels, and took some side trips on
the way home :)
- The baby not only got to meet his Great-Grandmother, but pretty much that whole
side of the family. 4- and 5- generation photos were taken :)
- Got to meet famous BP forum members Mtngrl and Bill Speers, as well as meet up
with Woodswoman again We had a nice brunch last Sunday.
- Visited 3 National Parks I haven't been to yet - Carlsbad Caverns, Guadalupe
Mountains, and Saguaro. Loved all three! Saw a desert tortoise in Saguaro! Also
visited White Sands National Monument which was also a first time visit.
- Visited 1 National Forest I haven't been to yet - Lincoln - also stopped by Smokey
Bear State Park, where he is buried. Also really enjoyed the old picturesque Lincoln
- Visited the Three River Petroglyph Site in NM - the face petroglyphs were
- Visited Tombstone, Arizona - that was a lot of fun! The baby loved all the people
dressed up and horses and wagons.
- Visited the Blythe intaglios - very unique.
- Stayed a couple of nights in Roswell, NM and went to the UFO museum - the truth is
- Took the baby swimming in a big pool for the first time - actually swam in a couple of
nice indoor heated pools at the hotels we stayed at.
- Experienced 5 earthquakes in a very short period of time while visiting the inlaws in
Cedar City, UT
- Missed our exit once, but visited a neat Mormon Fort that we wouldn't have known
was there otherwise, lol
- Broke in our new vehicle - the week before we left we traded in the Jeep Compass
for a Honda Pilot, so we actually have room for the baby gear and our stuff now!
I've uploaded just a few photos, there are many more on my Flickr album link below!
|The underground restaurant
|Guadalupe Mountains National Park
|The Pilot gets a taste of CO
|Giant stalagmites 6 stories high!
|Three Rivers Petroglyph Site
|White Sands National Monument